This is my "Everybody's Happy" meal idea:
I like to serve buffet style meals. In other words, a couple times a week I will serve meals that everyone can customize to their liking. Some examples are tacos, burritos, salads w/ chopped chicken/ham/cheese etc., Hawaiian haystacks.
Another kind of buffet I do sometimes is serve a few menu items that don't necessarily go together but at least I know everyone will find something to eat. It's what I call being proactive to head off the "I don't like this... I'm hungry" commentary. So we might have baked chicken, chili, rice, salad and steamed veggies. This isn't as much work as it sounds. I use very simple recipes, always make enough for leftovers for the next night or for lunch... and more cans than most people. BUT! I have my reasons! And I'll explain those on another post when I finish ironing the bugs out!
The tricky part about this idea is that it necessitates dirtying more dishes. But my policy is that if I cook it, I don't clean it. I'm not a maid/servant/slave/dummy!
August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So brilliant! Love this idea! Keep em' coming....
ReplyDeleteSo one more note. I hope you don't mind...I added a couple labels to the bottom of your post. The labels are typed into the box at the bottom of the post screen. Click "Show all" in the bottom right hand corner to show all the current labels. Then, select the one you want or type in a new one. The title of your post can be anything you want...it doesn't have to be the same as the label. Hope that is helpful!! :-)
ReplyDelete