August 28, 2007
A hot mealtime idea
I've been trying to come up with a better idea on how to handle dinner time in my house. It's often the most stressful part of the day for me. Trying to keep dinner from burning. Kids often run around after each other (someone is often screeching). Everyone wants to help but I can't think of a job for everyone or handle the chaos that ensues. So, here is a plan that came to me today. (I haven't figured out my wild card yet... Bennett.) I am going to try rotating three jobs with the older 3 kids. Cook's helper (with apron and all), Set the Table Person (haven't thought of a catchy name yet), and the best part.... Bennett Babysitter. I'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I know that lots of people do this but I thought it was worth mentioning here. I recently sat my family down to discuss dinner. I too, find myself scrambling to create something delicious and nutritious right around 4:30 everyday knowing that I will soon be hearing a chorus of "I'm HUNGRY!!" I made a list of dinner entrees that we all like including a list of side dishes so that I can pick 4-5 meals for the week and then do the shopping for those, eating leftovers or cold cereal the other days. (my family realy likes cold cereal) I usually shop once a week. I am really bad at impulse buying when I don't have a menu to shop for. I will end up with MOST of the ingredients I need for a given meal and have to make another trip to the store. It has worked for us so far. I also went ahead and made lists of lunch and breakfast foods. Now that I have them posted on the fridge, I can easily defend the comment "There's NOTHING to eat!"
ReplyDelete