August 28, 2007

Salad Recipe

We had cub pack meeting tonight and I brought a salad. Nothing too exciting but I had two people ask me for the salad dressing recipe. It was simply a good seasons packet with balsamic vinegar substituted for the normal vinegar.

For some reason, even my kids like this dressing. The recipe below (Ia am pretty sure) was passed to my by friend, Becky Bringhurst. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing it. It's real yummy!

Spinach Salad with Pear or Apple Slices and Balsamic Vinaigrette
spinach leaves, whole (prepackaged bag)
pears or apples (peeled, thinly sliced)
balsamic vinegar (Monari Federzoni Balsamic Vinegar of Modena)
good seasons packet
dried cranberries (optional-buy in bulk at Winco)
almonds, sliced (optional-buy in bulk at Winco)

Surprisingly, I discovered that my kids like spinach (we buy it in the prewashed bags) with pears or apples (peeled and thinly sliced) and this yummy dressing. My kids will eat it amazingly enough since they are not big salad eaters. I like to add dried cranberries and sliced almonds for good texture.

I will try to find out where to buy the vinegar I mentioned above. My mom got it for me so I honeslty am not sure. But, I will look into it because it is especially yummy.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment