
I got this recipe from a "Good Eats" episode where Alton Brown tested a few different recipes to achieve various results. This is his "Chewy" recipe.
2 sticks (8 oz.) unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups bread flour (I used all-purpose and they were fine)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda, and set aside.
Pour the melted butter in the mixer's work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough. (About 30-45 min) Scoop onto baking sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately.
[The cookies will be darker than traditional recipes. They're so yummy and buttery! Don't substitute anything for the butter.]


I love Alton Brown! He gives the best cooking advice. I used to watch his show all the time.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted these! Thanks!