March 15, 2009

Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd and Mascarpone Photo at Epicurious.com

Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd and Mascarpone Photo at Epicurious.com

This is the cake I made for the Relief Society activity last Thursday. I absolutely loved it. I am making it again for Easter. My pictures of it didn't look so great, so just pull up this link. The recipe definitely requires 2 days to make if you are doing it all from scratch. I suppose you could use a yellow or white cake mix, as well as buying lemon curd and shorten the amount of time it takes. As far as the lemon curd I bought 2 different lemon curds to taste test against this recipe and they were not as good. I loved the lemon curd once it was mixed together with the marscapone and whipped cream. I am sure I ate 1 entire cup of that alone. After I had frosted the cake and let it chill overnight I took the remaining lemon curd with about 1/4 cup of the frosting mixture and piped out circles all over the top. It looked really pretty. I also thinly sliced a lemon and placed it around the outside of the cake. Although it looked nice, it left the frosting bitter in those spots so I wouldn't do that again.

Happy Baking.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment