I made our favorite Molasses cookies a week ago for a holiday party the kids were going to. The funny thing is that yesterday the Pioneer Woman posted her recipe for these same cookies. Who knew we saw eye to eye. Well, my recipe is almost the same except that mine is doubled...and she added cardamon and more baking soda that I did.
I even took this picture of my cookies which looks almost exactly like hers except mine has a cookie missing....I wonder who ate that? (She was blond, wrinkly, and fair.)
You can try either recipe...but either way these are one of our family's favorite cookies.

1 1/2 Cups Shortening (I like butter-flavored crisco)
2 Cups Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Molasses
4 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Clove
1 1/2 Teaspoons Ginger
2. Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground clove, ginger. Mix together.
3. Roll into balls about a tablespoon worth of dough. Then, roll in sugar.
4. Place on cookie sheet or baking stone.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes until even in color. (Too done if starts cracking)
6. Enjoy!
P.S. I would love to see your favorite holiday treats posted here!☺
P.P.S. Do you like the new blog redesign?!


No comments:
Post a Comment