So, I've been trying my hand at making up muffin recipes since I LOVE warm muffins any time of the year. Here's my latest creation.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. flax seed meal (or more if you like)
1 large egg
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 finely grated carrot (about 1 medium carrot)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and mix just until moistened. Fill "regular" sized muffin cups 3/4 full, using paper bake cups or Pam. Bake for 20 min. Makes 12 muffins. Per muffin: 203 calories, 7 grams fat, 32 grams carbs, 3.5 grams protein.
June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment